Homemade Lift Stand

11 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted January 20, 2005 - 02:58 AM

Finally got my bike stand finished, well almost finished.
The only thing left to do is make a device so when I ilft the bike up it automatically locks the stand in the raised position.
Total cost was less than $AU5 as I got all the ally from various scrap bins at customers jobsites (I fix welders for a living) and zapped it up when I had a bit of spare time (thats why it took 6 months)Posted Image
Posted Image

• Brettv

Posted January 20, 2005 - 03:09 AM

nice work hamish, i was thinking about doing the same thing, but yamaha had a sale on and i picked up an oneil one for $80.. ur $5 beats it though haha, if only i had a welder..

• Hamish

Posted January 20, 2005 - 03:16 AM

it's not as flash as the commercial ones, but I just have that money to spend on something I can make myself. You could make it out of steel, as most people know someone who has a stick welder, but I wanted mine light.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted January 20, 2005 - 03:54 AM

Looks pretty neat Hamish! :cry: If you polished the alloy up, and banged a few stickers on it, it would look like a pro-built unit. Nice work.

• cruise

Posted January 20, 2005 - 05:03 AM

I made mine out of steel :cry:

• Sylvain

Posted January 20, 2005 - 06:36 AM

Great job !

I also made mine from steel. I finally found the link to the plan I used on the net to build one. You have to adjust the height of the stand for your bike so the stand slide be under the frame in the collapsed position.

Here is the link :

http://justkdx.dirtr...t/footlift.html

I hope it works,

:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tgodwin

Posted January 20, 2005 - 09:59 AM

I just bought the materials for this ( http://justkdx.dirtr...t/footlift.html
) stand yesturday. Anybody got any tips following their construction. I like the alluminum stand, but I only have access to a MIG welder, so back to steel is real.

• Hokie

Posted January 20, 2005 - 10:02 AM

I made that just KDX stand as well. Works pretty well.

Just follow the directions, pretty easy!

• lewichris

Posted January 20, 2005 - 10:37 AM

Very nice work, I am impressed.

• Thumperstu

Posted January 20, 2005 - 03:36 PM

Me Too made the kdx one, in fact ended up making 3 for my mates!!

• tgodwin

Posted January 20, 2005 - 04:07 PM

Yep, we are making at least 4 at this point.

• Hamish

Posted January 21, 2005 - 02:10 AM

I just bought the materials for this ( http://justkdx.dirtr...t/footlift.html
) stand yesturday. Anybody got any tips following their construction. I like the alluminum stand, but I only have access to a MIG welder, so back to steel is real.

I did most of the alloy welding on my stand with a mig.
Just change the wire to alloy and change the gas to argon instead of argoshield and away you go. If it's only a small single phase welder you'll need to turn it up flat out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.