BK carb mod Pics...

6 replies to this topic
  • motoman393

Posted August 01, 2001 - 07:25 PM

Here are some pics that Jason (jaybird67k) took! CLICK HERE to see the BK carb mod pics. I will update the page when I get a chance I just wanted to post them since many people have been waiting to see them (including me) Hope this Helps,

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• James_Dean

Posted August 02, 2001 - 07:18 AM

Garrett,

Those pictures are great!!!

Now TTalk riders can see how both the pump stop screw (lower one) and the pump delay screw (upper one) work. I have it bookmarked.

Thanks,

James

• motoman393

Posted August 02, 2001 - 09:32 PM

Thanks...I too wanted to see the pics! I will post a detailed procedure on how to do this mod whenever I get through tinkering with it! Does anyone else want to make a detailed porcedure and I will put it on my site! I hope this helps you guys who werent sure about this mod!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted August 05, 2001 - 11:29 AM

Nice work Motoman.
One question though: Is this procedure just for the 426, or will it also work on 400's? It might prevent future questions from ThumperTalkers (like me) if you mention on your webpage what year/models this modification will work on. Thanks.......

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 05, 2001 - 12:47 PM

I am really impressed at the carb changes compared to my 99 that has a completely external actuating rod for the accel pump.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

• motoman393

Posted August 05, 2001 - 06:02 PM

Tim in WA...that is a great idea I will update it! Thanks,

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• Jim65

Posted January 10, 2002 - 01:35 PM

If you want some pics and an explanation go to:

http://scorpius.spac...mx393/carb.html

I don't know if the DRZ carb has the tab that is needed to do a "bk" mod. But the "taffy" mod should work.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.