new exhasut problems.

6 replies to this topic
  • 4stroker7

Posted January 19, 2005 - 05:17 PM

I put my white brothers titanium pro on today and i think i need to re jet it in a bad way. it backfires and cuts out bad. does anyone on here have this exhaust if so what kind of jetting did you go with?

Help appreciated.
Thanks,

• Chills

Posted January 19, 2005 - 05:55 PM

Yes, my cousin has the same thing, but on a CRF450. A couple of things you need to check.

1. Exhaust leaks- primarily by the header, make sure its seating without leaks, this would be the first place to double check.
2. If its obviously not its leaning out, My cousin had to jump up from a 165 to a 175 main jet, and come out 1/2 turn on the fuel mix.

Play with the fuel screw if you dont have the jets and see if that helps to start, if you notice it starting to help, but not eliminating it, jump up a jet, and start over with the fuel mix screw.

• 4stroker7

Posted January 19, 2005 - 06:57 PM

thanks man.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4stroker7

Posted January 19, 2005 - 07:03 PM

thanks man.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 20, 2005 - 07:03 AM

I put my white brothers titanium pro on today and i think i need to re jet it in a bad way. it backfires and cuts out bad. does anyone on here have this exhaust if so what kind of jetting did you go with?

Help appreciated.
Thanks,

What is a Titanium Pro? I know of the Carbon Pro and the Aluminum Race Series..Is this a new version WB pipe? if so pics please

Jetting is a function of where you live Altitude and temp - White Bros will tell you jetting not necessary - I disagree. On my 450 with Alum Race series here is what I did Before trying different jets adjust your air/fuel screw - if you have not ever done this - do yourself a favor and buy adj fuel screw from Zip Ty Racing - you will use it almost every time you ride(if you desire max performance)and temp changes affect this function - turn it in clockwise and count the exact amt of turns it takes to fully turn in in all the way and record in your manual. - this is where the factory set it if it is a brand new bike - after - turn it out 2 to 2.5 turns and see if this helps or worsens the issue - if you have to go out more than 3.25/3.5 turns you must rejet. keep adjusting in fractions of a turn either out or in from here to fine tune -
I raise my clip on the needle jet 1 notch for my area and this helped - if it is cold out go up to a larger main jet - See jetting forum for your altitude -

Also JD Jetting kit will maximize performance for even more fine tuning...helped a lot on my bike

Also you may need to get high temp gasket/silicone and apply to close up any air leak between header pipe and cannister junction -

hope this helps - :cry:

• Chills

Posted January 20, 2005 - 12:45 PM

My Apologies, "Aluminum" not Titanium....

• Ga426owner

Posted January 20, 2005 - 01:02 PM

My Apologies, "Aluminum" not Titanium....

damn you had me excited! That would be one very cool blue can

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.