yz cam and jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • ridger

Posted January 19, 2005 - 10:55 AM

I just ordered my yz cam. Then for the fun headed up into the desert, there was a little bit of mud and snow but other than that conditions were xcellent!! The bike was fantastic, it ate those whoops and that sand alive. When I get this cam in can I expect any jetting changes. My elevation here is around 5000ft. Thanks for the help.
04wr450, gpr, pro tapers.,power now,michelen m-12s

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtpumpernick

Posted January 23, 2005 - 06:40 PM

keep a close check on left side exhaust valve bucket. the yz decompresion pin eat my valve bucket up. the yz pin was longer than the wr stock. i installed the wr pin in the yz cam. i dont have any results back yet on wear. but i may have had a bad part from the start. our local dealer is sending a message to yamaha about this problem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.