01' top end rebuild ?????????

6 replies to this topic
  • yz426em

Posted January 19, 2005 - 06:49 AM

i have a 01 426 and think its great last year at the end it was getting a little tied so im rebuilding it, and have a few questions. First of all im putting in hot cams, weisco piston (stock bore), and getting the head ported and polished. Does anyone now how this is gonna run and are they hard to get dialed in after the upgrade. Also is their anything i should watch for?

• Satch0922

Posted January 19, 2005 - 08:21 AM

no one could possibly tell you how YOUR bike will run. Put it together and let us know.........

• yz426em

Posted January 19, 2005 - 08:34 AM

im just looking for alittle heads up i have a big gun full race exhaust and a K&N air filter already the jetting had to be changed and wasn't t that bad to do just alittle time consuming. I hope this bike doesn't lose its reliability

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 19, 2005 - 08:53 AM

The only element of your upgrade that's likely to need redialing is the cam change. If you're using the milder version only for the decomp mod, it may not change anything. The wilder ones will probably need a bit of jetting to run best. As far as reliability goes, Hot Cams has attempted to grind profiles that are easy on the valves & seats, so you should be OK.

Watch your valve clearances a little more frequently the first little while, and look for signs of not being jetted correctly.

• jimmyg

Posted January 19, 2005 - 01:18 PM

where are you in michigan?

• yz426em

Posted January 19, 2005 - 02:40 PM

im in monroe michigan u?

• jimmyg

Posted January 20, 2005 - 06:47 AM

im in new baltimore.check your pm's

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.