Wr450 Mods

6 replies to this topic
  • gregwr450f

Posted January 19, 2005 - 12:24 AM

:cry: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT UP A LIST OF ALL THE FREE MODS THAT CAN BE DONE TO A 04 WR450F :cry:

• cruise

Posted January 19, 2005 - 03:01 AM

cut the grey wire
cut open the air box
put in the smaller throttel stop
mine came wiyh a 15 tooth front sprocket on it and a 14 in the spare's
put it on.
under the the number plate theres a crappy plastic reflector which hangs down cut it off just under the number plate.

the best thing i did was the JD jetting kit and zip ty fuel screw and a YZ pipe.

• elton

Posted January 19, 2005 - 05:03 AM

:cry: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT UP A LIST OF ALL THE FREE MODS THAT CAN BE DONE TO A 04 WR450F :cry:

This site details the mods, free and other, for the WR250; the mods are similar for the WR450.
http://thumperfaq.com

I did these: Remove the exhaust insert, Remove the airbox snorkel, shorten the throttle-stop and disconnect the grey wire under the gas tank.

Next I'm going to remove the AIS using the Lowedog kit, try a pro moto billet exhaust insert when it ships for the 2005 and may consider the JD kit (unsure if I need it since the WR appears to run perfectly as is).

Elton

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtguy

Posted January 19, 2005 - 11:14 AM

what is the purpose of the grey wire under the tank

• elton

Posted January 19, 2005 - 11:51 AM

what is the purpose of the grey wire under the tank

Go to the site outlined; It'll explain it. To get directly to this section of the site:

http://www.thumperfa...m/gray_wire.htm

Elton

• gregwr450f

Posted January 19, 2005 - 01:33 PM

Thanks For Your Help, Iam New To This Site And It's Awesome.

• dirtpumpernick

Posted January 23, 2005 - 06:34 PM

if you want to get serious add a yz cam kit and needle with a yz slip on and cut gray wire under tank. these things will really add to power. the stock wr is a lazy bike. i hated mine until i added these mods. its awesommmmmmmmmme now

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.