Dealer can't find EKP needle!!?

3 replies to this topic
  • Jason_Williams

Posted August 01, 2001 - 04:02 PM

I found an old post about this and gave my dealer the part # of 5JG-14916-EP for an EKP. He says that it's an EVP. I told him that Yamaha was horsed up and that was the part #. He said he wanted to call Yamaha. So I called him back today and he says that Yamaha says they dont make any EK* needles. This guys usally pretty good. I told him about this site and how I had found the info here and he told me not to believe any thing on this type of site. He has a lot of nerve EH??? Anyway I told him to order that part number. He says if it's not right I'll have to pay a restocking fee!!!! Hopefully it's right. James Dean if you read this were do you buy your needles? I live in the Seattle area. The number I got was from one of your exellent posts on jetting so I know the dealer is horsed up!! I just hope Yamaha hasn't fixed the error in the last six months since that post.
Thanks
JW

• Drehwurm

Posted August 01, 2001 - 11:21 PM

Servus Jason,

#5JG-14916-EN

I used this part# about 2 month ago over here in Europe and got an OBEKN needle.

#5JG-14916-EP

I seem to recall that there was an issue with part#s and the EVP needle so this might be it - but I'm not 100% sure! James might know more.

Michael

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted August 02, 2001 - 07:06 AM

The parts departments fiche is wrong.

The 2000YZ426 service manual shows the part number correctly on page 7-8. I got a copy of this page from the service dept. at Lynnwood Yamaha. (Is that where you asked?) The service manual is the only place it is shown correctly.

#EKP is 5JG-14916-EP

#EKN is 5JG-14916-EN

I ordered the part from Federal Way Yamaha and showed the parts guy to confirm his erroneous reference data about a year ago. :)

James

• Jason_Williams

Posted August 02, 2001 - 09:31 PM

James, Thanks for the reply. I was at I-90 Motorsports. Dealing with the parts manager. But it looks like I ordered the right thing. Thanks again for the info.
JW

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.