Which clutch perch?

8 replies to this topic
  • spy

Posted January 17, 2005 - 08:15 PM

Been looking for one with thumb hotstart, asv and works connection are too pricey. Saw that a certain clutch perch from pit posse on ebay going at more reasonable price and selling quite well. Anyone who bought one of those have any comments at that? :cry:

• yzkid

Posted January 17, 2005 - 08:42 PM

Save up for the asv u will be happy u did best 150 i ever spent on my bike

• 2wheeltyson

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:14 PM

i am wondering the same thing, has anyone used the pit posse stuff. how is it.

• 35yz450F

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:38 PM

I've seen the Pit Posse auctions as well. I suspect they are selling the Longhorn set up from Rocky Mountain. Identical to my Works Connection Pro Perch other than a cheaper clutch lever. Buy it from their source and save some money. Order a Honda one if you want red.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bruntz505

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:32 PM

I believe Sunline and Works Connection make a thumb hotstart lever that replaces the back clamp of your front brake perch which attaches to the perch.There is also a GYTR product that does the same which you can buy for under $30.That is the way I'm going to go.I want to get the hotstart away from the left side of my bars,besides,then you can buy a plain old AOF perch if you want to replace the stock one for a lot less money.

• 35yz450F

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:07 PM

A 'lot less' than $30?

• bruntz505

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:38 PM

I meant a lot less than $189 that you'll pay for a good aftermarket AOF perch with hotstart.

• targetdrone

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:47 PM

I have the 5 series perch with hot start lever (CLM05) from ASV that I got for $48.96 shipped!!! off of E-Bay. They are factory referbished and come with a warranty. The seller name is asvinventions. The only thing it doesn't have is the name written across the front of the lever like it did the first time it left the factory. I use the hot start lever for the compression release.

How much cheaper do you want?

• ccbugman

Posted March 14, 2006 - 08:17 PM

I have already bought three different ASV lever sets for our bikes from the same guy on EBay. You can pick up the pro models for around $30 to $40. Mine have the name on both sides of the lever and look just like brand new. Just bought a brake lever tonight. Usually takes about 5 days to get it.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.