Fuel tank breather?

4 replies to this topic
  • GixxerBitch

Posted January 17, 2005 - 01:34 PM



I've noticed some of you guys have cut down the breather pipe and put some type of valve on the end, that looks so much neater. Do most MX shops sell these, or are they a custom thing from a specialist?


  • ridingagain

Posted January 17, 2005 - 01:39 PM


I've seen them in most every shop, at least in the US. You can also get them online at motosport or storm cycles. Might also check TT store, I bet they have them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 17, 2005 - 02:10 PM


I use the Tusk valve but you better buy a small clamp cause it can blow off a hundred feet in the air during a crash! :cry: I went thru 2 before I figurered it out. :cry:

  • greg-wr400

Posted January 17, 2005 - 04:59 PM


what is the purpose of these valves, versus the stock hose? it seems on mine you have to pinch it to let the vacuum out of the tank??

  • RCannon

Posted January 17, 2005 - 05:15 PM


They look cool. I used one for a short time and did not like it. The three I have been around all leaked. It was not much of an issue unless the tank was completly full, bu tstill a pain. I removed mine and went back to stock for one reason. The stock line holds the gas cap in place and will not let it fall off the bike while your filling the tank. The small breather does not. I did not like looking for a place to wash the dirt off of the fuel cap.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.