Thai/Burma/Lao/Cambodia RIDE in Dec/Jan.

5 replies to this topic
  • scottannand

Posted August 01, 2001 - 07:55 AM

Making my yearly trip to So East Asia to ride.Going for 4 weeks.
Anybody that might be interested contact me.
THIS IS VERY HARDCORE STUFF not for the Faint hearted.

• HP

Posted August 15, 2001 - 09:56 PM

Scott,

Give us a ideal of what we would be doing or in for. Do you take your own bike? What kind of terrain, single track, no track, jeep roads etc. Is there an agenda for 4 weeks? What about accommodations? Will I ever see my wife and children again?

H.Phelps

• armourbl

Posted August 15, 2001 - 10:13 AM

Do us all a huge favor...Take lots of pictures.

Someday when I'm all grown up -- LOL -- I'd love to take a trip like this.

ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
White Brothers E Series Full exhaust
Panoram computer
Fly bars
jet kit
YZ timing I think (bought used)
Grey wire mod

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted August 15, 2001 - 05:07 PM

Greg Albertyn is doing rides out of South Africa...

Did I ever tell the story of when I met Albee at the hotel's front desk in Maryland and Bud's Creek...??? :)

• WR400inOZ

Posted August 16, 2001 - 03:25 AM

Is the hardcore part just the visits to the girlie bars over there? hehe.

I imagine it would be a blast, but Id have a serious case of Monkey butt if it was for a Month! Unless it was on one of those mopeds they all ride :)

• scottannand

Posted August 16, 2001 - 09:43 PM

HP,
For the last three years I have been going to thailand and riding from Mai Sai in the north through Burma and into China.We rent bikes over ther and replace the tires and bars if needed. Now I have a stash of tires there.
the rides are primarly out of the "Golden Triangle"(thai,burma Laos)now the poppy (opium)capitol of the world.
we stay in hilltop villages with the native people and partake in the local practices...
Going into Burma is a little tricky, The only one that can get you up there with bikes is a local Expat named Kobra Joe.
Last year, a rider friend of mine wanted to go, I told him it was hardcore and he said "no problem". Well he freeaked and had to be put on a plane bound for Bangkok and then to LA. It was't the riding that got to him it was everything else.Unless you have spent any time in a third world country and mexico does not count, you would be in for a shocker..
But, a great time is had by all.
Anyone that is interested let me know and I'll give you more details.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.