05 First Ride

1 reply to this topic
  • Domenic_WRF

Posted January 16, 2005 - 04:44 PM

:cry: Gentlemen

First ride on the beast today since picking it up Christmas Eve..At first I was concerned about the lack of snap as compared to my yz'ed timed 400, but it more than made up for it in torque.. :cry: Seemed like two gears higher in the same conditions, and still wanted a higher gear. Very forgiving powerband and suspension that soaks up everything. I did un-cork it, install a spare JD red needle, remove the ais, yz throttle stop and put a 52 tooth rear sprocket on before riding it off-road.. :lol: Now I can sell the 400 with piece of mind.. :cry: Ran into a guy with a new 05 trying to remove the exhaust baffle and install the throttle stop. :cry: He didn't have enough tools or the knowledge of all that needed to be done, suggested a little reading here at TT before condemning the bike's lack of power.. :lol: Even offered a ride on mine.. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MorningRider

Posted January 16, 2005 - 05:28 PM

that reminds me I gotta go develop those pictures!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.