anyone try something like this before?

3 replies to this topic
  • firezwr426

Posted January 16, 2005 - 04:43 PM

stumbled upon this on the net and was thinking of maybe trying it on the wr... and was wondering if anyone has tried it, or has any input, or maybe even a better way? a temp gauge would be nice for the days that are 100+ here in Utah...
http://www.dunereview.com/mods.htm

• Birdie426

Posted January 17, 2005 - 07:24 AM

It would scare the hell out of me. That's just one more leak path for coolant, and if it does leak, it's gonna spray your crotch.

I use Temp-Plates on my WR. They're those stickers that change color with themperature. Place them on the areas you're concerned about. True, you can't see 'em when you're riding, but my crotch won't get scalded, either.

If you really want a gage, you can pick up an automotive sending unit and gage, run it off your DC, and tee it into one of the radiator hoses...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted January 17, 2005 - 12:02 PM

Being fairly new to watercooled engines, I still have the mindset of wanting to know what the oil temperature is more than the coolant temp.

Does anyone know if they make oil temp dipsticks for the WR's or YZ's? I know they make them for the XR's.

• firezwr426

Posted January 18, 2005 - 07:42 AM

ok it is obvious that the food thermometer probbably isn't the best idea.. :cry: I was just talking about a temp guage period.. does any one have any ideas? I too was thinking about an automotive type but am not sure where to begin.. is the wr's electrical system 12v? where would be a good spot to tap in? would I want a sensor just after the head or just after the rad? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.