Low End Rebuilds

5 replies to this topic
  • jonha

Posted January 16, 2005 - 04:38 PM

I have a 1999 YZ400 and a 2001 YZ426 does anyone know how long the crank bearings are good for. I read a response in MXA to replace the bearings after this much time.

• 642MX

Posted January 16, 2005 - 04:40 PM

I hope they last forever. :cry:

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 16, 2005 - 06:07 PM

I had an 01 426 it had 16,300 k's on it when i sold it, still had the original crank brg's in it, threw one piston and rings in it at about 8,000 k's not that it needed it and a couple of 3rd pinion gears, hth

Steve.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2005 - 06:16 PM

I don't know what interval an engine builder would recommend, but both of those engines have been known to have rod bearings fail with more or less catastrophic results. It doesn't seem to be a problem, just something that happens occasionally. Search this forum for more info.

• MNellis

Posted January 17, 2005 - 03:34 PM

Are you talking about the Big End rod bearings or the crank bearings in the case? I'm putting a crank, piston, cylinder and 3 intake valves as we speak due to a failed big end rod bearing.

• jonha

Posted January 18, 2005 - 09:24 AM

Crank bearings. I read about doing the bottom end after this much time.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.