red zip-ty 05 wr 450, help!

1 reply to this topic
  • JDube

Posted January 14, 2005 - 11:19 PM

just installed the red today, a bit of a bitch but I took care of it myself. Not to sure on the tunnig, No JD kit yet. new bike never riden, getting ready for sunday. seemed to bog and pop once at throttle rap. elevation in my area is aprx. 200-500' a.s.l. what should i do? temp was aprx. 50deg.f in the garage this evening. no matter how mutch i turn the screw out it pretty much did the same thing. of course all the way in shuts down,

HELP!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 15, 2005 - 04:28 AM

If you are running the 48 pilot try 1.5 to 2 turns from fully seated. Do not over tighten when seating and be careful to only turn the long screw. It can break and leave the screw tip seized in your carb! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.