Change from WR400F to WR250F or KTM 400/520 EXC

1 reply to this topic
  • jasonmcc

Posted July 31, 2001 - 01:56 PM

Hi guys

I have had my 1999 wr400f for nearly two years now and it has served me good. Im starting to win a lot more races now and thinking of getting a new bike. I have read that my bikes suspension is not the best and the bike is not the easiest to ride fast. I have been looking at getting a wr250f or a ktm 400/520 EXC. The KTM really looks like the best buy with everything it has, elec start, hyd clutch, good running gear and still a small bike. How much easier to ride faster would the 250f be, would I miss the power. What do u guys think?

THanks JAson

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dave2L

Posted July 31, 2001 - 04:28 PM

Jason,

Im sure the WR250f would be just as capable as the 400. MOst people i know who have ridden one said they are a much easier bike to ride fast in the technical bits and they are definitely not short in the go department but you could be a bit dissapointed comparing it to your 400. Have a look at this writeup on the wr250f

The test rider has this to say:
"This bike will revolutionise the 4-stroke 250 dirtbike market. It is simply the biggest standout performer I have ridden this year. If I had to name my 'Bike of The Year' right now this would be it, simply because it absolutely annihilates anything else in its class."

<url>http://www.mcnews.co...Page1.htm</url>

Hope this helps

Dave VIC Australia

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.