Oil

4 replies to this topic
  • sanpedro426

Posted January 14, 2005 - 02:50 PM

Got tired of hunting for the 10 40 RED cap and the MX4T :cry: :cry: So, i found some AMSOIL 4stroke 10w 40 full synthetic. Ill let you guys know how it feels and stuff.:cry: :cry:

• sanpedro426

Posted January 22, 2005 - 07:52 PM

OK guys and gals, i got to go ride with my son today and the AMSOIL sinthetic 4stroke 10w40 KICKS A$$ i had to lower the idle a smidge. It must be some slippery stuff. NO clutch probs to report. Anyway im an AMSOIL man now. Its $8 bucks a quart but i like it. It also seemed to make the engine happy buy making it a little quieter mechanicaly. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted January 22, 2005 - 08:08 PM

The Amsoil is real good stuff, I know people that use that oil in everything. I guess your using the motorcycle Amsoil and not the automotive Amsoil...right?

• SkyRyder55

Posted January 22, 2005 - 09:20 PM

what kind or riding are you even doing.? When you just play ride you may not notice it slipping as compared to on a track. i dunno? you didnt say how hard you were riding it.

• sanpedro426

Posted January 22, 2005 - 11:16 PM

Yes im useing the motorcycle oil. Went up a pretty steep 300 yard or so uphill with lose rocks and really rough stuff feathering the clutch from time to time, no problems. I may have been kinda nice to it because im coming back from some seperated ribs / sternum but im no slouch either. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.