FAt Bars and Stabilizer-best combo

4 replies to this topic
  • wardirt1

Posted January 14, 2005 - 10:11 AM

I want to modify my '04 wr450 stocker to a set of dampened fat bars and a steering stabilizer. What is the cheapest combo set up to make this happen? If I NEED a new top triple clamp, will it effect the light mounts or is there a simple set up I can buy and bolt on without having to do a lot of mods? What do you think a guy has to pay to get everything needed?

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 14, 2005 - 10:39 AM

Scotts , GPR and WER all run about $500. plus for the fat bar set up. I think GPR has the best looking set up. I love my Scotts.:cry:

http://www.gprstabil...e_v2_yamaha.php

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BURLEY

Posted January 14, 2005 - 10:41 AM

I want to modify my '04 wr450 stocker to a set of dampened fat bars and a steering stabilizer. What is the cheapest combo set up to make this happen? If I NEED a new top triple clamp, will it effect the light mounts or is there a simple set up I can buy and bolt on without having to do a lot of mods? What do you think a guy has to pay to get everything needed?

First, you WILL need a new clamp. The stock, cast, one piece clamp will not accomodate a stabilizer. I use a Pro Taper YZ Lo bend mounted to a GPR 2.0 Version stabilizer, mounted to an Applied Racing top clamp. The clamp for the WR comes with a relocating bracket for your ODO and wiring harness. As far as the cheapest set up. I don't know. As far as "dampened" fat bars, do you mean on rubber mounts? If you are interested in the GPR, you can order the kit w/ damper, clamp and Applied bars for around $600. Scotts has a very nice kit as well with Pro Tapers for about the same price.

• ncmountainman

Posted January 14, 2005 - 12:16 PM

the stock setup will accomodate a damper,my buddy just put one(scotts) on a 03 wr with the stock clamps !!!:cry: he runs 7/8 renthals and just had to bend the crossbar a little.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 15, 2005 - 12:04 AM

Yep, all good advice. Like Burley said you HAVE to get the topclamp with the fatbars, the stock topclamp only accepts the 7/8" bars. If you could live without the fatbars you could save some money by not having to buy the topclamp.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.