25 replies to this topic
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 20, 2005 - 04:29 AM

Notes on the GYTR tanks:

Buy longer fuel lines
buy a brass barbed t connection
silicone seal the fuel petcocks
silicone the the fast break or top aluminum flange cap
soak the O- ring under cap and let it swell then cut off the excess and silicone in the o-ring material.
Tank is real good but the accessories around it are cheap. :cry:

• MathProf

Posted January 20, 2005 - 05:23 AM

I would be interested in a gas tank that re-distributes the gas weight lower w/o
increasing the volume.

In other words, same volume, lower center of gravity.

Dan??

• thumper_dad

Posted January 20, 2005 - 05:30 AM

No offense dude, but that tank is yellow from the factory... I have seen many natural tanks and they are more white than that... was that under yellow lights?? Just curious since I am int he market for a bigger tank for my YZ250...

That tank is as white as natural can be, if you want a white tank i think IMS sells a white colored one.
I just got my clarke yesterday and I can't say enough about the quality of their product

I am glad I seen this thread with this tank because I would have probably waited for a IMS in the mail.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 21, 2005 - 08:18 AM

I would be interested in a gas tank that re-distributes the gas weight lower w/o
increasing the volume.

In other words, same volume, lower center of gravity.

Dan??

MathProf, The IMS really carries the weight down low but it's bigger than stock. I don't know of any other 2.1 tanks that carries a lower CG. I doubt that anyone would make such a beast considering most 03-05 WR owners would most likely look for a larger tank.. :cry: Dan

• brsmith

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:33 PM

The tank is natural/white. My lights in my shop have a yellow tint. Fit and finish is very good, Much better quality than IMS.. I have had both..And less money...Smitty

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 22, 2005 - 05:18 PM

...The only drag, my 3.1 IMS yellowed from using race gas, now it looks horrible..:cry: ...

The natural tanks will eventually yellow no matter what kind of gas you use. I've never used race gas and my 3 year old natural Clark tank has become quite yellow. But you can still see the fuel level so it's still good.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.