Crush washers for front brake line

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted January 14, 2005 - 08:54 AM

I'm about to replace the line on my 2000 yz426. I'm assuming the crush washers are going to need replacing, can anyone advise what size they are so I can get some from Napa?

Thanks

• Jackazz

Posted January 14, 2005 - 09:09 AM

I dunno for sure, but they usually come with the brakeline. Also make sure that if you are replacing the OEM WR line with a "regular" one that you have another banjo bolt & washers for it, as the OEM line has a different style end on it (straight screw-in w/ big rubber thingy).

Edit: Oops, I forgot I wasn't in the WR forum... What type of end does the OEM YZ line have on it's master cylinder side?

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted January 14, 2005 - 09:34 AM

I believe its the Banjo style. The bolts look like they're usable with the replacement stainless line I bought, but I dont think it came with the crush washers.
I'm replacing the stocker with a Ride Engineering stainless line, so if anyone knows if they include the crush washers then please advise.

Thanks.

Edit: I found out they are 10mm Banjo crush washers for anyone else interested. Now..... are these just regular crush washers or are they special cause they're 'Banjo crush washers'?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted January 14, 2005 - 12:08 PM

They might be specific for banjo bolts, as the inner & outer diameters are so close to one another. I'd say if you take the line & or bolt to your local shop they'll sort you out with no problems.:cry:

• Fastest1

Posted January 15, 2005 - 11:27 AM

Any auto parts store should have them. They are not specific or trick! Just take in your banjo bolt and match it as close as possible. Much cheaper too.

• joer6

Posted January 15, 2005 - 11:41 AM

i put a galfer line on my yz and you can reuse the old copper washer if you want.. but if want to replace any auto parts store should have them like said above.

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 15, 2005 - 01:00 PM

Go to Autozone - cheapest place to have them in stock.

They are 10.3mm ID crush washers (copper).

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.