Crankcase breather routing

5 replies to this topic
  • yzfmxer

Posted January 13, 2005 - 07:36 PM

Has anyone routed the crankcase breather differently on a YZF, I sold my 426 to a rancher, and he keeps it in a grage, but it gets cold in there too. BUt my problem is that the moisture coming from the crankcase freezes in the breather tube resulting in a cloged breather, and he was riding it yesterday he didnt relize it was clogged, and it blew the valve cover gasket (half moon part) out of the head. so my question is has anyone routed it more like the hondas, where the air goes to the air box and thy oil and condensation drip out a different tube??
Thanks
Ryan

• cowboyona426

Posted January 14, 2005 - 01:57 PM

I tried, but it's a biotch to find tubing that will hold up to the abuse.

• yzfmxer

Posted January 14, 2005 - 02:29 PM

why is it abused?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzfmxer

Posted January 15, 2005 - 01:55 PM

Nobody has re-routed there breather tube??? :cry:

• grayracer513

Posted January 15, 2005 - 04:42 PM

I know of someone who reroutes the breathers of all his YZFs by running the stock breather hose to the air boot just above the carb air inlet neck. He used an automotive air tube filter that connects the hose from a V8 valve cover to the air cleaner cut away the part that holds the filter, and glued it to the inside of the air boot. He doesn't run a moisture drain of any kind out of it, though.

• JT_Thumpster

Posted January 15, 2005 - 05:46 PM

i have a friend that has don it on his WR and used the stock yube and ran it to the air box drain, however, i would perfer to hava som type of drain out of there if it were me so you could rig up a "T" for a drain or something or drill another hole in the bottom of the air box.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.