Age old ? YZ vs Wr

3 replies to this topic
  • GMAN69

Posted January 13, 2005 - 04:45 PM

I have had my 2000 yz 426 since it was new and I love it. I have done alot to it to make it trail freindly since I ride mostly single track in michigan with some escapades to the hills in tennesse,kentucky and georgia. I probobly only ride the track once a year so the suspension shouldnt be an issue. I will be getting a new bike when the fourstrokes get the new frame. The 426 still runs great but im ready for a new one. Will the wr450 still have that good roll on power that im acustomed to. You know when your rollin along in 3rd twist the throttle and it wants to pull ya right off the back (thank you gripper seat). Id rather have the wr and dont mind doin the exhaust and free mods but I hope its not a drastic change in power and I would regret it. I have gotten addicted to the torque and will need my fix. Your opinions are greatly appreaited.

• ncmountainman

Posted January 13, 2005 - 04:52 PM

you can always put the yz exhaust cam in the wr,i think after the free mods thats the only internal difference, as far as power is concerned. the airbox is more restricted on the wr also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GMAN69

Posted January 13, 2005 - 05:13 PM

Id really rather not make any internal engine mods. Ill do the airbox,exhaust,throttle stop,jets ect.. but cams and timing Im not sure.

• beezer

Posted January 13, 2005 - 05:38 PM

The Wr would be a fast bike but it wouldn't come on like a YZ due to the heavier flywheel and milder cam.

It would still be a fast bike and more versatile. A cam change takes an hour if you still wanted more.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.