2005 YZ450F Test Huh??

13 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted January 13, 2005 - 10:50 AM

[url="http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18466&referrerid=71"]TEST
[/url]
Sounds like a different bike...

• Neysbo

Posted January 13, 2005 - 11:37 AM

Sure does sound different from my 05 450. I see you have an 05 450, what are thoughts. I have one and to me it feels slow, almost like the clutch is slipping which is not the case. I had an 04 450. The forks are great though, I have not had a chance to race or anything yet so maybe the 05 is just as fast but so smooth it feels slower.

Overall I like it a lot for my riding though

Seems to run leaner than the 04 though

• DPW

Posted January 13, 2005 - 01:05 PM

Neysbo,

I have only about three rides on mine, but the power is more "controlled" in how it's delivered. It does not have the same hit as my '03 and at times I miss the hit. The suspension review I disagree on too, mine is too soft for me and I'm a 200lb beginner. I need more time on the new one to give a good review. The more I ride it the more I like. Just need to adjust to power differences. Who knows maybe in a couple of months I sell the '05 and keep the '03.

• revolucien

Posted January 13, 2005 - 02:22 PM

Can you put the CDI box from the '03 into the '05? I think that would give you the bite back and you can still keep the good suspension.:cry:

• grayracer513

Posted January 13, 2005 - 05:26 PM

Looks like the Aussie models are little different then ours, eh?

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 13, 2005 - 05:56 PM

I'm too lazy to read all that but i have read enough Aussie ride tests to know that most of them are witten by folk that get paid for what they say, if you know what i mean :cry: in one mag they had a 450 enduro shoot out, Yamie, Ktm, sherco, huskie, Tm and Husaberg, heres the final results

Best motor: KTM
Best handling: Sherco
Best ergos: KTM
Best trail package: Sherco
best enduro package: KTM

Best motor, ergos: KTM &%$#@! !!!!!

[color=black]Sure KTM is a nice bike but i doubt the motor is better than a Yamie and there are plenty of better options as far as an enduro package goes,[/color]
[color=black][/color]
[color=black] :cry: to the tossers that right these things ![/color]

• machoman_#618

Posted January 13, 2005 - 07:55 PM

Yup they must like 2 smokes,lol. I love mine ......so far.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted January 14, 2005 - 08:39 AM

Can you put the CDI box from the '03 into the '05? I think that would give you the bite back and you can still keep the good suspension.:cry:

THERE YOU GO!! DPW...you can be the pioneer and test this out. Just think of what a machine you would have if that worked!

BTW, I have already installed a stiffer shock spring on my 05 250 and stiffer fork springs may be needed once I ride it more. For now I just added 8 cc of fork oil to each leg (at the recommendation of suspension tuner). As of right now the suspension is great.

• DPW

Posted January 14, 2005 - 08:46 AM

BTW, I have already installed a stiffer shock spring on my 05 250 and stiffer fork springs may be needed once I ride it more. For now I just added 8 cc of fork oil to each leg (at the recommendation of suspension tuner). As of right now the suspension is great.

PM me the name of the tuner or ask him what he recommends for a 195-200 rider on the 05 YZ450, thanks :cry:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted January 17, 2005 - 05:06 PM

so is the 05 yz250f slow or just putting hte power straight down to the ground.

the reason im asking is cuz im buying the 06 after the 05 season

• DPW

Posted January 18, 2005 - 05:24 AM

so is the 05 yz250f slow or just putting hte power straight down to the ground.

the reason im asking is cuz im buying the 06 after the 05 season

First of all either these guys did not test an '05 YZ450F or the models over there are a lot different. So I would not believe the test to much.

As far as buying an '06 you will have to wait till they come out...could be slower could be faster.

• revolucien

Posted January 18, 2005 - 07:05 AM

It would be sweet if they came out with adjustable ignition mapping. :cry:

Then you could decide for yourself if you like it more like the '03 or more like the '05.

• r1superstar

Posted January 18, 2005 - 07:29 AM

I do believe 2006 is Yamaha's official 50th anniversary. They broke away from their partner company in 1955. So a new YZF450 may be released. From what I understand, there is already a prototype being raced right now with an aluminum frame. We'll have to wait and see.

• SkyRyder55

Posted January 18, 2005 - 03:50 PM

I'm too lazy to read all that but i have read enough Aussie ride tests to know that most of them are witten by folk that get paid for what they say, if you know what i mean :cry: in one mag they had a 450 enduro shoot out, Yamie, Ktm, sherco, huskie, Tm and Husaberg, heres the final results

Best motor: KTM
Best handling: Sherco
Best ergos: KTM
Best trail package: Sherco
best enduro package: KTM

Best motor, ergos: KTM &%$#@! !!!!!

[color=black]Sure KTM is a nice bike but i doubt the motor is better than a Yamie and there are plenty of better options as far as an enduro package goes,[/color]
[color=black][/color]
[color=black] :cry: to the tossers that right these things ![/color]

I rode an 03 KTM 450 and the motor on that thing rocked. It was a tractor. Didnt matter which gear, it pulled. It didnt turn worthashit, but the motor was sweet.Better than my 03 CRF 450. I have an 05 YZ450 on the way and it is supposed to be a lot like the CRF so I am happy.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.