Pmaust-Monty Norcal Riders

36 replies to this topic
  • PMAUST

Posted August 13, 2001 - 08:42 PM

Brian, how about Moab in October? I'm pretty sure the whole Maust clan will be going. This past week-end I went up to the Rubicon trail just to get some practice in riding over boulders! :) Maybe I should get a trials bike??? :D

[This message has been edited by PMAUST (edited 08-13-2001).]

• Unkle_Moose

Posted August 14, 2001 - 07:10 AM

Hello Guys Are you doing an Off Road Ride :) or Dual Sport Ride :D If I can get a kitchen pass :D I will try and make it. Just don't let me get gored by another Manzanita Branch, I prefer to keep my blood inside my body :D

• MONTY

Posted August 14, 2001 - 07:48 PM

Moose if you want to get to some of the good trails you need to be lic, and to get to the beer stand,but all other trails are all off road.Also the laddy at camp chaqita said see has 62ac of trails 3 bucks day pass we will try that out.
monty

• PMAUST

Posted August 14, 2001 - 08:02 PM

Monty, I admit it! I have been derelict in my duties. Haven't put the Baja Designs kit on my WR yet! What with moving and company and all I haven't had time. :) Don't make me have to ride the DRZS! I tell you what, if I put all that Baja junk on my WR by next week can we make it legal in time? Are we going to have to be for this ride? Uncle Moose, come ride. I'll hang with ya even if we have to stay off road the whole way! I have to be back by 5 pm anyway for a birthday party. My own! :D By the way, my son will be joing us and his bike is not even close to being street legal! Come to think of it, I'm not sure its even dirt legal???? Just kidding! :D

• MONTY

Posted August 15, 2001 - 06:15 AM

Paul you do not have to be street leg,it just that this one trail to the beer stand goe's on to the road no big deal see you on the 25th at COOL.
monty

• Mike_in_Roseville

Posted August 17, 2001 - 08:59 PM

I still think I am in. More to come as the day gets closer. I will need a meeting post etc. I will followup later in the week as the time nears.

Mike

• MONTY

Posted August 18, 2001 - 04:34 PM

Ok Mike let us know,you can meet us at cool the nuget cafe sat, aug,25th around 8;00am.
monty

• MONTY

Posted August 21, 2001 - 10:06 AM

Brian e-mail me about thanksgiving
monty
wilmexrs@cs.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PMAUST

Posted August 22, 2001 - 08:37 PM

Man I am seriously bummed! I am benched due to a minor injury sustained last week end. I wish I could say I crashed doing a double jump or something glamorous like that(which I never do anyway)! But, I did fall and screwed up my shoulder. It will be fine in a couple of weeks but it is really sore and stiff right now. I'm just glad it wasn't broken or something stupid like that. Anyway, I guess I will be staying home this week-end. I will make the best of it though by intalling that Baja Designs kit on my WR. I am doing therapy and should be good to go in a couple of weeks. As I'm moping around here I will be thinking of you guys having a blast in GT. Until next time. Paul :)

• MONTY

Posted August 23, 2001 - 06:29 AM

Ok Paul by the way i talked to Mat at stonyford and it don't look good, fire is not out yet and he said they need rain to get it all out and a lot of trails are closed.When you get well i will take you guys over to the upper lake area (C,C.) CAMP.
monty

• Unkle_Moose

Posted August 23, 2001 - 08:06 AM

Monty Did you read my post NORCAL RIDERS/STONEYFORD FIRE Dave Wood a D36 Member and AA Rider and who does stuff for D36 had a meeting last weekend with the forest dept. He posted the info on dirtrider.net and I just copied over to TTalk. Sorry I can't make it this weekend :) But my wife thinks our anniversery is more important then me riding. You guys have a safe ride.

• MONTY

Posted August 23, 2001 - 12:06 PM

Just looked at it Moose sound good hope they get the fire out before the envents.
monty

• ricky1

Posted August 24, 2001 - 09:22 PM

Monty
I am planning to meet you guys in cool. Is 8:00 the "meet for b'fast time", or the "head to staging area time"?. I am flexable, and hungry.

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'00 yz426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

• MONTY

Posted August 24, 2001 - 04:21 PM

Mike and Ricky1 8;00am for eats so get a table for (5) that i know of.Anyone els going? we got big Dan,mike(silcon) mike(roseville)monty,ricky1.
monty

• ricky1

Posted August 24, 2001 - 04:26 PM

I will be there at 7:30, & have a table for 8. WHAT? me get excited? NEVER,,,lmao

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'00 yz426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

• marty_mosley

Posted August 26, 2001 - 12:15 PM

pmaust-please let me know how your dmv regestration goes. I want to get mine street legal also

• PMAUST

Posted August 26, 2001 - 06:58 PM

Marty, I will. Monty is the "MAN" though! He has a lot of expirence with dual sporting the WR's. Email him I'm sure he can help you out with your questions and concerns. Thanks, Paul

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.