dual sport kit for 02 YZ 426

I don't really want to spend $600 CAN for a kit, I figured I could build the whole thing myself. I think the Trick Dual Sport setup is the best one out there though. It can't be that hard to design and build one. Just lookng for advice on particulars like best switch controls and wiring.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

After you get the WR coil flywheel on the bike, you will need a

voltage regulator and capasitor for an AC system, or a regulator/rectifier and a battery for a DC system.

You need to base your dualsport project on a good switch custer. I recomend this one:

http://www.kandstech.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=821696%7C1128366&PRID=1176829

Most states require a High beam indicator and this is the only unit that has one built into the cuslter.

Next step is getting proper switches for the brakes. Dennis kirk has the hydrolic banjo bolt switch for the front alot cheaper than most places. I would suggest a rear break mechanical unit from Baja Designs because they will sell you the bracket for way less than you could make it.

Then you need to get a 2 sets of mini "marker lights" and a flasher relay.

You will have to get a universal dualfiliment headlight bulb connector from an autoparts store. You will also want to get a headlight to go with it (35W-50W,or 50W-65W.

Now, put it all together with about 400ft of wire and your good.?

Did I mention a horn?

Have fun,

Shaky Jake

Mechanical Engineer