Need a hand, wr400 Magura slave mounting?

4 replies to this topic
  • Brettv

Posted January 11, 2005 - 07:06 PM

ive just bought a new slave cylinder and mount, i suspect the guy i bought the mount off gave me the wrong one, but unfortunately hes in the us and im in aus, so i have the stock mount and what looks like a 426/450 mount, does anyone have any pics of the 400 with a magura mounted? im stucj for ideas on how to mount it properly
thanks - Brett :cry:

• firezwr426

Posted January 11, 2005 - 08:25 PM

http://jersey-riders...81 (Custom).JPG
if you put your mouse pointer on the pic a icon will apear in the lower right of the pic... click on it and you can zoom in...:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brettv

Posted January 11, 2005 - 08:31 PM

cool, so youve used the stock mount? did you have to modify it?
and how did you get the slave to...stick to it? and sit there?
thanks in advance :cry:

• Guy

Posted January 12, 2005 - 04:20 AM

cool, so youve used the stock mount? did you have to modify it?
and how did you get the slave to...stick to it? and sit there?
thanks in advance :cry:

DON'T mount the slave too rigid !.....I tried it with a rubber grommit and within 2 weeks of use the end of the slave had ovalised and was leaking !
You need to let the slave move around, or the arc that it describes in use WILL wear it PDQ !:cry:

• Brettv

Posted January 16, 2005 - 01:35 AM

ok ive had another look and its seems as though im going to need to modify the stock mount, either bend it in a vice or somehting like that
has any one else had to do this?
if i use the stock mount, the stock mount will partially engage the clutch....bad
so any other ideas?? :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.