Forever blue

Well I've had my '02 YZ426 for about two months now and am getting used to it as my new woods bike. I wasn't too sure I liked it at first but now....I love this damn bike and wouldn't part with it for lust or money. Most of my apprehension about owning it was all the threads concerning poor factory jetting and sensitivity to climate and altitude differences. After a good carb tweaking (still stock jetting) and valve adjusting, it's an unstopable beast. So far I've ridden in temperatures ranging from 40 to 70 deg. and altitudes from 1500 to 4000 feet and she still starts right up and runs like a bat outta hell where ever I am. My DRZ was pretty lame without a Yosh, K&N and rejetting. This Yamaha needs nothing but large stones to ride, I'm forever team blue.?

Amen brother!!! I have been riding my 01 426 for about five months now and what has impressed me the most is that the bike has the most stable suspension of any bike I have ridden on the track or in the woods. Plus when that throttle opens up I love that growl that comes out of the pipe!!? :cry: ? :cry:

Most of my apprehension about owning it was all the threads concerning poor factory jetting and sensitivity to climate and altitude differences. After a good carb tweaking (still stock jetting) and valve adjusting, it's an unstopable beast. So far I've ridden in temperatures ranging from 40 to 70 deg. and altitudes from 1500 to 4000 feet and she still starts right up and runs like a bat outta hell where ever I am. This Yamaha needs nothing but large stones to ride, I'm forever team blue.?
What you have to remember is that that's one of the only things anyone with a 426 has to complain about. Frankly, it isn't as much a problem as it's even made out to be. But when a bike runs that good and is that reliable, what are you going to bitch about, anyway? ?

Welcome to the "Team". ?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine new in 2001 and have ONLY had to do minor maintenance (oil, filter, chain, spocket, spokes) and thats IT. I've ridden mine heartily over the past 4 years, from woods to track and I've often wondered if it's been divine intervention that I havent had any problems w/ mine. Enjoy one of the most notoriously reliable motocross bikes out there. And she still suprises me to this day.

Try not to take it for granted, you could've bought a Honda. ?

Count me IN... I bought my '01 426 about 7 months ago, and Knock on wood, but not problems as of yet....Runs like a champ, never seems to fail me, even after a nasty crash when I separated my shoulder, bruised my lunges, and cracked some ribs, and it still runs like a champ....