Rear wheel bearing number?

8 replies to this topic
  • Grum_from_Oz

Posted July 30, 2001 - 08:31 PM

G'day fellow Thumper Talkers,

After nearly 3500km's, my rear wheel bearings are beginning to wear. I priced "genuine" yamaha bearings and it totals Aus$114!!! :D

I plan to buy the bearings from a bearing supply but need the code stamped on the side of the bearing housing. I don't have access to my bike because it is stored two hours away from where I live and my manual is with the bike. I wanted to replace the bearings for this weekends ride but it is impossible for me to get the numbers before then.

If anyone has the bearing code or access to their manual, please respond.

Grum. :)

• Cambo_wr400

Posted July 30, 2001 - 11:53 PM

Hey Grum, One side is Koyo 60/22RS [definatly] and the other side is Koyo 62/222RS [i think, not posisive]...hope that is of some help...

• jbird

Posted July 31, 2001 - 03:42 AM

Grum, didn't know if you would check here or the YZ side but I don't thind you will get a better deal than Pivot Works bearings. They have kits that have bearings and seals. They also have swingarm, linkage and shock kits.
From MX South the wheel bearing kits are $30. That's not too bad in my book.
Check them out at

01 YZ426F, 99 YZ400F, 86 XR250, 76 RD400, 71
Heavily Modified Z50

• Grum_from_Oz

Posted July 31, 2001 - 02:43 PM

Cambo and Jbird,

Thanks for the info guys. Hope I get another 3.5k out of the new set of bearings. FYI all my riding has been hard through the bush on tight single track and 4WD access trails. I mostly ride around the Otways in South West Victoria and sometimes get to play in the Victorian high country. What service life have you gotten from your stock bearings?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cambo_wr400

Posted July 31, 2001 - 10:33 PM

Only one set so far but the fronts were knackered after 2000km so I changed the rears as well. Mainly play in the tight trails around Nerrim, gormandale and in the high country...

• Damian

Posted July 31, 2001 - 11:21 PM

10,000km and still on original bearings. Wish the carby slide lasted longer. I'm now on my fourth slide. Cant get any solution from Yamaha. Usually ride Victorian Alps, Big Desert, Mt Dissapointment.

• Jason_Williams

Posted August 01, 2001 - 05:08 AM

The rear #'s are 60 / 22RS and 62 / 22RS Just took mine apart last night. Rears are sealed and mine are leaking pretty bad. Fronts were Dry as a bone!!!

• billybanter67

Posted April 01, 2008 - 12:02 AM

I guess you mean 6022RS and 6222RS ? The fronts are 6904RS is anybody needs that

• Mark_NZ

Posted April 01, 2008 - 10:23 PM

why are the fronts not sealed bearings? - mine are rooted after 6 months/95hrs? The replacements appear to be sealed (all balls)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.