HELP!!!!!!!!!! 2002 XR650L Airbox seal/gasket leak (AM I ALONE?)

1 reply to this topic
  • HondaXR650R

Posted January 11, 2005 - 04:30 AM

My "L" is sucking air (AND RAIN WATER) straight into the carb through the (BAD) seal between the airbox and rubber boot.:cry: Someone tell me how to seal it... Foam gasket?:cry: Gasket sealant?:cry: I haven't torn it apart yet, so I don't know if there's even a gasket in there yet, but it's sucking air (and water) through the seal between the airbox and the rubber boot. This is not good! Definitely not good! How do I fix it? I want to start riding again... :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Winter_Hawk

Posted January 12, 2005 - 09:21 AM

Try some epoxy or glue. I would take the airbox and the intake hose to a boating supply or Home depot and ask them what they have that would seal those two materials well. I think some kind of glue or epoxy should be fine.Mine looks like it was sealed from the factory with something between RTV and crazy glue(?)!

Good luck,
B

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.