Case Saver?

3 replies to this topic
  • dustdogg

Posted January 10, 2005 - 08:22 PM

I was thinking about getting rid of my stock chain guard and replacing it with an aftermarket case saver, is this a popular mod? I seem to get mud and debris trapped in the stocker and figure that getting rid of it will help the chain life. There is a factory case saver behind the plastic guard. Has anyone kept this without going aftermarket? I noticed that I would need shorter screws in order to keep it without the plastic guard. What are your thoughts? What brand and where do I get it? :cry:

Posted January 11, 2005 - 03:18 AM

i just turfed the plastic gaurd and retained stock metal case saver no probs it the same as Yz case saver they just need plastic gaurd for rego.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ckulzer

Posted January 11, 2005 - 07:05 AM

I ditched the plastic guard and metal case saver. I installed a TM Designwork case saver using the YZ model and modifying it to fix. I feel that the TM piece is better because it rests on the engine case and is hard plasitic. Both of those reasons are good because the force of the chain failure will not be transfered to the threaded stand-offs which break off easy.

Ride fast-take chances.

Chad (newly elected D-23 board member and flat track rep)

• rockieman

Posted January 11, 2005 - 08:15 PM

I personally run the OEM case saver without the chain guard....pretty cool carbon fiber case savers on eBay.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.