Scored a new ride (to me) - 99 WR400

5 replies to this topic
  • tgodwin

Posted January 10, 2005 - 11:21 AM

Thanks to all of you who helped me in my quest, answering all of my ignorant questions. I picked the bike up on Friday night and got it on the trail for the first time yesturday evening. I only got to go for a short ride, but oh yes!:cry:
That bike is so much fun and so forgiving. I'm a rookie rider and didn't have any problems. The excelleration is incredible and the ride is amazing. My riding skills need to improve before I can fully appreciate this bike, but I'm ok with more ride time.

I found I need to replace my kick start arm. Where are you guys buying parts?

• tntmo

Posted January 10, 2005 - 11:31 AM

Congrats on owning a great bike! Every time I fire mine up I get a smile knowing that it's the right bike for me. Check bikebandit.com or ronayers.com for OEM parts at a reasonable price. Ron Ayers has an online microfice which is easy to use. Here's the part, it's $90 for a whole kick starter.

http://www.ronayers....ter/starter.cfm

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 10, 2005 - 11:31 AM

Congratulations! :cry: Welcome to the blue side of TT.:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tgodwin

Posted January 10, 2005 - 11:46 AM

I can't wipe the grin off. Is that a bad thing?

• Domenic_WRF

Posted January 10, 2005 - 04:14 PM

If its makes you feel better, my old yz'ed wr400 is twice as fast as the new 450. I'm keeping it as my race bike..:cry: Congratulations anyway..:cry:

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted January 10, 2005 - 07:49 PM

What have you done to your 450 dom. And are you serious. I wan thinking of getting a 450 in a couple years but if it isn't any more than my old wr 400 then It will be a 525 or nothing. Can't wait to get my hands on that 300 exc!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.