Hard clutch pull on 03 YZ450F

7 replies to this topic
  • tony4

Posted January 10, 2005 - 09:49 AM

I have an 03 YZ450F and was wondering what is the most effective way to make the clutch pull a little easier. The pull on the 04 YZ450 is so much better but I'm guessing you would basically have to buy the complete clutch system like basket,springs plates,cable and brackets to achieve the same same pull. Any CHEAPER suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

• grayracer513

Posted January 10, 2005 - 09:55 AM

I don't know for certain, but I'd bet it was mostly a matter of the springs and pressure plate. I'd suggest the Hinson, or GYT-R components (the GYT-R stuff IS Hinson, last I saw)

My Hinson clutch has been an easy 2 finger deal ever since I got the bike. It's the most totally perfect clutch I've ever owned on any motorcycle. :cry:

• BigDesto

Posted January 10, 2005 - 10:03 AM

I put the 04 set-up on my 03 yz450 works alittle better! It's routed different from the 03!Also the clutch lever mod will make the pull easier! Just drill another cable hole in front of the existing hole and rerehm where the cable route is! Works great!

• Satch0922

Posted January 10, 2005 - 10:58 AM

Also the clutch lever mod will make the pull easier! Just drill another cable hole in front of the existing hole and rerehm where the cable route is! Works great!

this is the first thing to do......it works....Best of all it's free.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigDesto

Posted January 10, 2005 - 11:11 AM

:cry: :cry:

• tony4

Posted January 10, 2005 - 09:09 PM

All I can say is unbelievable. I did the lever mod like you guys suggested, the difference is night and day. With a freshly lubed cable it feels close to a 125 clutch. Thanks for help guys.

• BigDesto

Posted January 11, 2005 - 09:06 AM

Only costs a couple of bucks if you screw up the 1st one!:cry:

• yzf450jack

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:54 PM

Magura Jack hydraulic clutch with a Enduro Engineering lever and change the 10mm master for a 9mm and you can pull in the clutch with your little finger Yup that's right the little finger

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.