Just picked up a CRF450x!!!

22 replies to this topic
  • huntmaster

Posted January 13, 2005 - 11:07 AM

I stand corrected and apologise for spouting off http://70.84.0.213/f.../thumbsdown.gif

Ill be the guy in the corner with the dunce cap on

Thanks! You saved me from going into my own rant! I too however, have issues with experts on bikes where there is no experience with yet! he he.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper_dad

Posted January 13, 2005 - 11:28 AM

all i looked at was the title of the thread " I just picked up a CRF450X"

that to me means you just bought one right? but then the thread read differently.
I had a X on order myself until I found out that Yami was making a green sticker WR450. I remember comparing them both and per the MFG the X is heavier.
Its highly unlikely the manufacturer of a motorcycle is going to put down a heavier weight than what it is in reality especially when weight is a huge factor of which bike people purchase.

• MorrisWR

Posted January 29, 2005 - 01:03 AM

i cant comment for the 450s but if we are talking 250vs250....

i have ridden the wr250f (2000-2004) and the crf250x {2004}. here is what i can tel you:

-i would never buy the first year of a bike (like the 2003 wr450 at the time).
-when riding, the honda feels lighter.
-yamaha feels allot more powerfull (not even comparable with the yz cam).
-honda engine and underside are way too exposed for my liking.
-honda burns/losses/uses oil, LOTS of it, and doesnt hold much.
-yamaha is allot better for doing a home DS convesion.

i think i just need both of the 250s and both of the 450s:thumbsup:

My 250X has never lost or burnt any oil. Of course I did an extrememly hard breaking to seat the valves well. My '02 WR250 had more power but it was probably due to the major mods I did (Wisecoe overbore, Vortex, FMF Q, etc). If I bored the 250 and did some major mods it would be a lot faster.

Now, none of them compared to my 426....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.