Rekluse Oil Question

3 replies to this topic
  • OldenPhatt

Posted January 09, 2005 - 02:36 PM

First the good news, I replaced on of the friction plates with a thicker Rekluse one and now that clutch is in spec and working well -- thanks to all you TTer's who offered me advice and also thanks to Scott at Rekluse who was very helpful indeed.

My question is if people notice any difference between synthetic and organic oil when using a Rekluse? Tried a search on this one and couldn't find anything specific, nor is it covered in the Rekluse FAQ. Will the clutch slip more if you use synthetic?

• John_Lorenz

Posted January 09, 2005 - 03:47 PM

All does recommend a specific Oil cant remember which one I know it has a 400 in it Texico 400 or something.

Anway I use Catrol Act>Eco 10 40 Synth

Works just fine. I did use castrol 20-50 mineral actEvo.Seems it slipped IMO
Have had no issue going to the 10-40 though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flynall

Posted January 09, 2005 - 03:57 PM

I have the current Z-Start in my YZ280f. It is working very well.

Regarding oil the gang at Rekluse recommends Chevron Delo 400 15-40? It is half the price of full synthetic. I have just switched to it to check for any difference in the clutch function. I have been running Amsoil prior.

• 642MX

Posted January 09, 2005 - 04:27 PM

I run Motorex 10W50. I never tried a non synthetic with the auto clutch. The rekluse adds heat to the engine, so I would recommend a name brand full sythetic ( motorex, amsoil, mobil 1 red crap, ect..)

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.