Alpinestar tech 8 boots

5 replies to this topic

Posted January 08, 2005 - 10:08 AM

What's the best way to clean the booties? Is it ok to put them in the washing machine. I don't want them falling apart. What about the outside of the boot? What's the best protection for the leather?

• endurodog

Posted January 08, 2005 - 10:22 AM

I have powerwashed mine and put them in the machine with n oproblems. Take your little ankle cushions out before putting them in the machine.

• GixxerBitch

Posted January 08, 2005 - 11:06 AM

I just let mine dry off then use a fairly stiff brush to rid the mud then use ARMOURALL on them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 08, 2005 - 07:27 PM

I washed mine in the washing machine about 50 times before they fell apart. I just got new booties and will probably do the same thing. If they last me 2 years then it's worth the money to be able to not have to spend 20 minutes cleaning them every couple of weeks. 20 minutes x 50 washings = 1000 minutes = 16+ hours saved. $50/16 hours = 3 bucks/hour. I figure that my time is worth more than that.

• marcusdc

Posted January 08, 2005 - 09:12 PM

I've come across a pretty good way of cleaning the boots. Hose them off if muddy, and then spray them with foaming tire cleaner. Let 'em sit a moment or two and then towel them off. They're shiny and the buckles then work very smoothly.:cry:

As for the booties, I don't think I've ever washed them. :cry:

• xcracer123

Posted January 09, 2005 - 06:00 PM

I agree that putting them in the washer is fine. Just don't put them in the dryer. They will shrink! Not a good thing!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.