New Guy Intro

9 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted January 07, 2005 - 09:23 PM

Hi kids, been lurking for a couple of months, learning what I can so I won't inflict any "Marcusisms" on everyone. I'll be picking up my '05 WR in a couple of months as soon as my bike fund reaches its necessary level and all the damn snow melts. I've included my build list for those of you who might want to look it over and give me some advice as to my choices. Any and all advice is most welcome.

I do have one question that I haven't been able to answer. In regard to transporting the bike, I was wondering if anyone knows of a hitch-mounted carrier that would also allow me to pull my jetski trailer. I also have a street bike, so the carrier would have to be the "Joe Hauler" type, as a jack-type system that lifts the bike won't work for both. I've seen the question posed a couple of times by other people, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere on the board. Perhaps I just missed it, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be most grateful. If there isn't such an animal out there, I was toying with the idea of mounting a front-end receiver hitch on my truck and carrying the bike up there. At least I'd be able to keep a constant eye on it while I was driving, right?

Other than that, I think this is one of the most informative sights I've ever had the pleasure of visiting and once I get my bike, I'm sure you'll see a lot of me other than just this "Howdy" type post...SC

[COLOR=Blue]2005 Yamaha WR450F[/COLOR]
Free Mods
-Throttle Stop
-Grey Wire
-Air Box Snorkel
-Exhaust Mod
-A.I.S. Removal
Carb/Fuel/Engine
-Yamaha Hour Meter/Tachometer
-Lowedog A.I.S. Kit
-Twin Air Filter 152215
-JD Jetting HP Jet Kit JDY001
-Zip-Ty Fuel Screw
-Zip-Ty Float Bowl Drain Plug
-Zip-Ty Oil Drain Plug
-TT Decompression Plug
Bike Protection
-Utah Sport Skid Plate 243
-Flatland Racing Radiator Guards
-Devol Frame Guards
-Seal Savers - Long
-Cycra Pro Bend Hand Guards

I have more things to add in the future, but they're more "wish list" items, i.e. Scotts stabilizer/triple clamp/Pro Taper kit, etc...SC

Steve Clark
Reno, NV

• Texas4play

Posted January 08, 2005 - 06:01 AM

List looks good. From a personal note, on the cycra probend hand guards (assuming they are triple clamp mount) make sure you get longer pinch bolts than stock. They did not come with my kit and the stock bolts won't carry the extra length. I picked up a set of hex bolts thru local hardware store but, as long as you're waiting maybe you can call cycra and see what else is available.

On the trailer idea I'm not real sure. I pull jet skis but, just load bikes in truck and thats it. If you need the other set up it will have to be custom.

• HarveyMushman

Posted January 08, 2005 - 06:55 AM

I have not used one but "Joe Hauler" is one I have seen. Slips into a two inch reciever.

• Khari

Posted January 08, 2005 - 07:24 AM

Check out the versahaul here:
http://www.versahaul.com/
This should work for you. You'll notice that it has a receiver on the other side of the carrier, so you can attach a trailer to it.

• clark4131

Posted January 09, 2005 - 10:59 AM

It looks like the Versa-Haul is precisely what I was looking for :cry: . My JetSki trailer is just about perfectly balanced in that I can lift the trailer tongue with one hand with the ski loaded, significantly reducing the tongue weight so I can accomodate a bike carrier along with it. Muchas Gracias! :cry: ...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluebike1999

Posted December 01, 2006 - 02:20 AM

welcome aboard mate
hope you fit in among all these retards

• byggd

Posted December 01, 2006 - 05:06 AM

Other than that, I think this is one of the most informative sights I've ever had the pleasure of visiting and once I get my bike, I'm sure you'll see a lot of me other than just this "Howdy" type post...SC

Welcome to TT Steve! You will find this is a really informative site but the mods can be a bit of a pain in the :worthy:

• GCannon

Posted December 01, 2006 - 09:31 AM

Welcome aboard!
You could also haul Moutian Bikes on that Versahaul!:worthy:

• clark4131

Posted December 01, 2006 - 12:14 PM

You guys are HILARIOUS!!! :worthy: :D :prof: :bonk: :cry: :ride: :ride:...SC

• WGP

Posted December 01, 2006 - 12:29 PM

I thought 05 and newer do not need a decomp plug??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.