Reserve fuel in a YZ

8 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted January 07, 2005 - 03:55 PM

Does anyone know if the WR and YZ petcock change out? I've got the '02 YZ426 and would like to have the reserve in the woods.

• yzf450jack

Posted January 07, 2005 - 04:38 PM

I have both in the garage they look the same just one has reserve on it so yes they will work :cry: :cry:

• JT_Thumpster

Posted January 07, 2005 - 05:28 PM

i actually just did the swap the other day it works just fine.

here's the yamaha part # 2GU-24500-01-00

it originated in the banshee i think and they have been using it ever since in the woods and kids bikes

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted January 08, 2005 - 01:48 AM

Yep, I put the WR fuel tap in my YZ tank. Bolts straight in. As you've already heard, the only difference is the reserve setting. I know when I hit reserve, I better get the hell home asap.....Don't ask how I know.....:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cabage

Posted January 08, 2005 - 01:54 AM

I'me a bit confused, can someone explain how the WR tap works, as I thought the there was a reserve set in the tank compartment, cheers

• Butta

Posted January 08, 2005 - 04:10 AM

Nope, just two separate straws from which the fuel is pulled from. The "ON" straw sucks from higher in the tank, and the reserve sucks all the way to the bottom of the tank. I ran one in my YZ for a short time while I was waiting on a new YZ petcock. It fit, but not perfect, the "ON" straw is a lot longer than on the YZ part, and does hit the inside of the tank (don't think that bothers anything, though).

• thumper245

Posted January 08, 2005 - 09:22 PM

Here is a link to baja designs. I hope that it works. It is susposed to go to the wr petcock.
https://www.bajadesi...e.jsp?login=YES

• thumper245

Posted January 08, 2005 - 09:24 PM

Well thats a no worky. Thay want you to log in. Just go to the main sight and here is there part number 260074. It is 19.95 and I think that I might order it also.

• Goosedog

Posted January 09, 2005 - 04:29 AM

I just ordered the OEM part for a WR to go in my YZ. Have not put it in yet. Cost was $20.:cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.