???

10 replies to this topic
  • marcusmoberg

Posted January 06, 2005 - 10:48 PM

What would it cost to take my 2000 Yamaha WR400F to a Yamaha Shop and put new steering head bearings on it? The bearings would cost $35.00. How much would it cost to put them on? Because you have to have a Ring Nut Wrench to work on it! :cry:

• Steviejay01

Posted January 07, 2005 - 06:01 AM

Marcus....are you a total div or what??

Go to your Yamaha shop and ask them!!

None of us know what rate your local shop charge do we!!???

:cry:

• thumper_dad

Posted January 07, 2005 - 06:05 AM

Normal rates are $90-$100 per hr, the job would probably take 1-1/2 hours, you would probably be better off buying the wrench and doing the work yourself that way you still have the tool after the job is complete.

its really none of my business but you might want to think about changing your TT name because it seems you have built up a reputation for silly posts.

you might get your questions answered better.

Good Luck

Richard

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 07, 2005 - 06:06 AM

You are looking at $100. if you take the bike in. I recommend you take it apart yourself and if you cant get the bearing off the stem go down to the dealer he may not even right it up as a charge. :cry:

• simch

Posted January 07, 2005 - 08:05 AM

I would have the work done, Marcus. Its not a bad job, but, no disprespect, you don't seem that mechanically (or indeed any way) minded. A couple of hours labour will be money well spent.
Whilst the work is being done you can go see your 8 yr old buddy with the XR70. He can help you with your homework! LOL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Steviejay01

Posted January 07, 2005 - 08:23 AM

Whilst the work is being done you can go see your 8 yr old buddy with the XR70. He can help you with your homework! LOL

:eek: :eek: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: ;) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :D :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Texas4play

Posted January 07, 2005 - 08:55 AM

Take it to the shop Marcus then, put on your little bunny suit you got for xmas from your Auntie, and go hop around at your hunting club.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 07, 2005 - 09:22 AM

Take it to the shop Marcus then, put on your little bunny suit you got for xmas from your Auntie, and go hop around at your hunting club.

:cry: :cry: :applause: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

• Bamster

Posted January 07, 2005 - 01:51 PM

You can get that ring nut off with a hammer and punch.
It should not be to tight, and don't over tighten it when reinstalling.
On second thought take it to the shop. :cry:

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 07, 2005 - 01:59 PM

Give the job to your mate with the 70, he'll probably be able to fix it.

• yz426onNOS

Posted January 07, 2005 - 02:42 PM

What would it cost to take my 2000 Yamaha WR400F to a Yamaha Shop and put new steering head bearings on it? The bearings would cost $35.00. How much would it cost to put them on? Because you have to have a Ring Nut Wrench to work on it! :cry:

I'm not going to bash you for a decent question. It is real easy to do. The ring nut is only on at about 5 fppt pounds. You can take it off with a hammer and flatblade. The rest is easy. Just make sure you put it back together right. There is certian way to do it or it will be screwed up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.