tips!!! please!

7 replies to this topic
  • yzfrider03

Posted January 06, 2005 - 07:42 PM

i am looking for any tips on spliting te cases on a yz 426, i know how to do all the basics and even the hard stuff i think. but if you guys guys have any tips or things to avoid. mucho appreciative!!

• Davidyz450

Posted January 06, 2005 - 11:09 PM

If you have a digital camera take some pictures while disassembling the engine. It could be useful for reassembly. And if you screw up you can post it so we can give you a hard time. :cry: :cry:

• MXof21

Posted January 07, 2005 - 05:01 AM

I used tote tags, they are a piece of posterboard on a little wire twist tie and labeled every part with the name used in the manual. I also made notes on the tags such as the order of assemble and even drew myself sketches. I actually enjoyed splitting the case and the reassemble. FYI, once split I took the engine to my local shop to perform the actual evaluation and repair, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

• yzfrider03

Posted January 08, 2005 - 06:51 PM

thanks guys hw much did they charge to do the repairs once they were split? cuz when you just take them the bike they said a 245 buck tear down fee!! thats the main reason i am ding myself

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TonyDeCoster

Posted January 08, 2005 - 09:06 PM

You may want to put the various parts into labled Zip-Loc bags. I group them by categories i.e. clutch hardware in one bag, top end bolts in another etc.

• yz426onNOS

Posted January 08, 2005 - 11:14 PM

Put all the bolts back in to the respective holes. It will only go together one way.

• indiandunes

Posted January 09, 2005 - 04:06 AM

Be Friendly with someone who has a air impact wrench. And you'll need a torque wrench. I did it for the first time and can't believe I got it back together. It was fun.:cry:

• MXof21

Posted January 09, 2005 - 04:44 AM

The cost for the repair depends on what needs to be replaced. You may want to have all the bearings replaced as long as you have it apart, the rest depends on condition.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.