Tips On Valve Adjustment

4 replies to this topic
  • Seabass

Posted January 06, 2005 - 07:28 PM

I'd like to start adjusting the valves on my '05 WR 450 but have never done this procedure before. I have adjusted valves on a motorcycle, the problem is tha last bikes i did this on were a 1954 Velocette MSS and a 1964 Triumph Thunderbird. Is my new bike all that different than my vintage pigs? Those bikes were VERY simple to work on

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 06, 2005 - 08:49 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjslim

Posted January 06, 2005 - 10:05 PM

Check out this thread

• Hamish

Posted January 07, 2005 - 04:30 AM

the procedure is different to your vintage pigs, but the desired outcome is the same. I'd guess your vintage bikes had rockers with adjusters on them, where the WR has shims. It's just a case of measuring the clearance, and then fitting the appropriate size pad to get the clearance you require.
Hint: If you have a few valves that require adjustment sometimes you can mix and match the pads so you dont have to buy/exchange as many.

• Seabass

Posted January 07, 2005 - 02:54 PM

Thanx for the answers.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.