New Gripper Ceet Cover

2 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted January 06, 2005 - 05:06 PM

:cry: I'm throwing the new Ceet gripper on the pig tonight, any suggestions on the best way to tackle this, getting the seat to tighten properly etc. stapling from front to back, vice versa? :cry: :cry: Thanks.......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted January 06, 2005 - 05:23 PM

First warm it up good with a heat gun, but don't melt it. Put 4 to 6 staples in the front and tack it down. Stretch it pretty good towards the back and tack the back down with a half dozen staples or so. Warm it up again, then pull the sides down tightly and tack the front middle wings down with ~4 staples on each side kind of close together so the material won't tear. If you're stapling into a plastic material rather than fabric, be very careful you don't drive the staples in too hard or the plastic material will split & tear. Warm things up again, now pull the front middle section down and staple the front half with staples every inch or so while making sure there are no wrinkles. Warm it up again, then pull the back half down and put staples in every inch or so while making sure there are no wrinkles. If you get a wrinkle, just pop out the staples in the affected area, then stretch the material and tack it down. Once all the wrinkles are worked out, then finish putting in the rest of the staples to better secure the cover.

• Desmo

Posted January 08, 2005 - 11:19 AM

Good advice

I tried to do it myself without heating it. It came out ok, but I've got a couple small wrinkles.

BFD, it's a dirt bike.

But, if i did it again, I'd try this method.

Thanks Quadsan.

Scott

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.