karcher pressure washer

11 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted January 06, 2005 - 02:34 PM

i was reading a thread about these little electric pressure washers and people were saying how great they were,well i've seen them around for some time and thought they were just mickey mouse junk! so after seeing people raving i decided to go to lowes and pick one up. i got the 1400 psi model (its only the size of a 12 pack!) for $99 and figured ahh if it sucks i'll just return it. let me tell you that this thing is awesome for washing the bikes !!! not strong enough to damage anything,but plenty strong to gitterdone. the quality for $$ is amazing. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Texas4play

Posted January 06, 2005 - 04:17 PM

That's very good to know. I've spied those things while walking thru Lowes and wondered if they worked. Thanks for the report. :cry:

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted January 06, 2005 - 05:30 PM

I have a Generac 2400 PSI with the nice Honda OHC engine. I bought it to clean my concrete and now I use it to clean bikes too. I just keep it far enough away so I dont inject water where it doesnt belong. :cry:

• stonewall

Posted January 06, 2005 - 05:38 PM

I've had one of those Karcher pressure washers for 10 years and it's still going strong. When it breaks I'd buy another in a second. Good stuff. :cry:

• Jethrro

Posted January 06, 2005 - 10:00 PM

Mine's a Craftsman 1400 psi unit and it works well and was free from the neighbor that moved out.

• Atlasrider

Posted January 07, 2005 - 10:52 AM

Welcome to the world of pressurized water,
H20, still the worlds best selling cleaner!
:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sylvain

Posted January 07, 2005 - 01:12 PM

I had to go back to brushes and garden hose for a while when my pressure washer was down from a frozen busted pressure manifold. Don't ask me how it froze, it will raise hell in my marriage :cry: .

I told myself that it wasn't such a marvelous toy, but after a few early mud spring rides, and a few hours spent cleaning with the scraper, brushes and garden hose, let me tell you that when my power washer came back all repaired, I felt the mercy of god on me :cry: .

I'm wondering how the hell was I cleaning my bikes 25 years ago :excuse me: .

I think we rode dirty bikes back then, may be that's why we call our bikes "dirt bikes " :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 07, 2005 - 01:22 PM

i'm not new to pressure washers i'm just sayin' this minature electric version is perfect for bikes :cry:

• Bamster

Posted January 07, 2005 - 01:56 PM

I have the same washer and your right, not to powerful to do damage but enough to do the job. :cry:

• 5valve

Posted January 08, 2005 - 01:21 AM

kärcher is top euro brand for pressure washers, they have big range of products, up to the ones that could cut your bike in half :cry:
I use the cheapest possible model, built in pressure switch, medium power, superb for everyday cleaning

consider the label saying not to use warm/hot water, because pistons inside are made from plastic (cheaper models) and warm water could damage them

• ncmountainman

Posted January 08, 2005 - 07:25 AM

cool good info,i guess i should start reading instructions(nah,just kiddin'):cry:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 08, 2005 - 09:58 AM

I just got the 5HP Karcher pressure washer, I was stoaked that it has a Honda engine. It's the best toy I own.... A beer in one hand and the Karcher in the other... I'm a happy man...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.