urgent help required . . .

1 reply to this topic
  • jezza426

Posted July 30, 2001 - 05:34 AM

My bike goes into the dealers workshop thursday and the mechanic is EXTREMELY green on WRs. I am having the timing changed to yz timing and need to know what carby (jetting/needle) changes are required ???

Thanks from The Land Downunder (Australia)
Jezza

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryce_Senff

Posted July 30, 2001 - 01:21 PM

Do not take it to a mechanic who is not knowledgeable about bikes! Try another shop
or do it yourself, it's not that hard. I've had a "Excellent,engine-tuner-builder-road-racing" mechanic service my TL1000s Suzuki and had to drain 3/4 of a quart of oil to get it where it belongs! I also had other problems which another mechanic found. I have to haul my bike 15 miles instead of 2, but I know my bike is being serviced correctly.
My new mechanic is not a "Race-Mechanic"; but just a good "street-bike mechanic"!
You also might want to print out the instructions of the YZF cam-timing changes and give them to the mechanic(found elsewhere in this site) It's a fairly simple procedure
that any mechanic or home-mechanic/tinkerer can do!
Good-Luck
Bryce

------------------
Bryce Senff
WMRRA #201
WR426F
TL1000SV
CBR900RR
Oh it's Good to Be Back on a Dirtbike!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.