Specifix Questions - Grey/Blue Wire

8 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted January 06, 2005 - 07:48 AM

Ok peeps here goes:

1: How can you tell from the Engine/Frame Number what Country your bike is from/for

2: Does the Grey wire effect all WR450's or just one's from Specific Countrys

3: these pics show 2 wire's cut...????

http://www.thumperfa...m/gray_wire.htm

http://www.thumperfa...ire_2005_04.jpg

4: Blue wire what does this wire do ??

I take it this Grey wire will really only work with the throttle stop change, sorry if this stuff has been covered, but I have check out loads of threads, and they all seen to lead to the land of confusion .....

• Master Wong

Posted January 06, 2005 - 09:38 AM

i am not sure but i believe the grey wire is for the throttle position sensor and i would not cut the blue wire if i were you

• Endurordr

Posted January 06, 2005 - 09:45 AM

Here is the link for the blue wire mod, totally seperate from the gray wire.
http://www.thumperfa...m/blue_wire.htm

• 450_James

Posted January 06, 2005 - 09:47 AM

Disconnecting the gray wire is for changing the ignition timing from the WR map to the YZ map. Not sure about the blue wire I haven't done that one.

The throttle stop screw does need to be cut down for the bike to work well at all. Technically the gray wire mod would still work but do the throttle stop.

I don't know about the rest. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted January 06, 2005 - 11:35 AM

i am not sure but i believe the grey wire is for the throttle position sensor and i would not cut the blue wire if i were you

wrong,

cutting either of them does nothing for you.

Good luck

do the yz timing, the throttle stop and the air box lid removed.

• Guy

Posted January 06, 2005 - 12:49 PM

:cry: I've always been led to believe that both the Grey and Blue wire mods were specific to USA models only, none of the Canadian, Euro or UK models have these wires connected ????
Certainly on my 99 WR400, the grey wire terminated in the block connector before it went to whatever it went to ! IYSWIM ! :cry:
Liike the throttle stop, in the UK and Euro we get the shorter stop as stock.no mod req'd :cry:

• dangermouse007

Posted January 06, 2005 - 02:45 PM

Ya see this is me point ....

So what we are saying is....

If it UK/Euro (that will cover anythiny that would come into this Country), already has the YZ Map and Throttle stop......(and I have just ordered the throttle stop)..

Correct ????

So next question.... Do we cut the Blue or Do we Not ????

• Guy

Posted January 06, 2005 - 03:20 PM

Ya see this is me point ....

So what we are saying is....

If it UK/Euro (that will cover anythiny that would come into this Country), already has the YZ Map and Throttle stop......(and I have just ordered the throttle stop)..

Correct ????

So next question.... Do we cut the Blue or Do we Not ????

well.....as I understand it....(and I'm prepared to be corrected here !) the blue wire disables the false rev limiter in Neutral and thus gives a stronger spark for starting....
so...I've never bothered as my 99 stillstart 1st kick and the 450 starts first push !.....

I traced the grey wire on my 99 and it deffo terminated before it did anything.... :cry:

• cruise

Posted January 06, 2005 - 04:51 PM

cut the grey wire it definitly works. My bike came with the YZ throttle stop in the spares kit i pun it in then cut open the air box. But the best thing i did was put on a YZ pipe and the JD Jetting kit

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.