Yamaha DR 225 Tri-moto 3 wheeler ???

1 reply to this topic
  • huffa

Posted January 05, 2005 - 10:23 AM

Please respond to this link.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=212993

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yankee500

Posted January 06, 2005 - 02:24 PM

We have had a KLT 200 (similiar design) for the past 20 years. The only suspension is the tires, and they get pretty stiff in the winter.

Basically, this type of ATV gives you ALL kinds of signals when you're going faster than it likes to. It handles like a tank. The KLT has an optional diff lock mode, with it unlocked you only have 1 wheel drive. That's somewhat of a safety factor, because if a wheel lifts, it just spins, and the machine slows down. In lock mode, you can lift a wheel and still be under power, easily causing it to tip over.

The only mechanical problem we've had is a broken fuel pump, and we bought 3 off of ebay before finding a good one. It has the original chain, and all 3 original tires. And, amazingly, the tires look like new. They have had tubes put in them, because they had leaks around the rims (tubeless running at 8 PSI).

I've flipped it once doing a hill climb, power shifted down from 2nd to 1st, the tires dug in, over she went, the last thing I saw was me and the KLT
bouncing down the hill.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.