Why are Canadian 450's different?

13 replies to this topic
  • Jetsprint2

Posted January 05, 2005 - 09:05 AM

I bought a 04' US model YZ 450F for a great price locally in July $5,700.00 out the door. I am very happy with the bike and would buy it again if I had to do it all over again. At the time I considered having a Canadian bike shipped to me. I was talked out of it because it is a different model than the ones here in the USA. I was just curious what is actually different about the Canadian models? :cry: :cry: ?

• SoCalEngineer

Posted January 05, 2005 - 11:30 AM

The Canadian one falls over a lot. You know those Canadians don't stand up for anything :cry:

• yz426onNOS

Posted January 05, 2005 - 12:02 PM

I had one. The only difffrence was mine did not come with that rubber flap at the top of the airbox. Oh and it said made in canada on the frame! Ohe yeah it was 700 dollars cheaper!

• indiandunes

Posted January 05, 2005 - 12:09 PM

The Canadian one falls over a lot. You know those Canadians don't stand up for anything :cry:

You know how you can tell it's a French one. It has a 6 speed. 5 in reverse and one neutral. :cry: :cry:

• jimmyg

Posted January 05, 2005 - 12:34 PM

the only difference is the silencer is cone shaped instead of a stinger i bought an 01 426 & a 03 450 there they both came with two complete top end kits each {rings circlips & gaskets} service manuals three jets spoke wrench& plug wrench & the rubber flap for the air box. i saved $900 on the 426 & $800 on the 450.

• condog_aus

Posted January 05, 2005 - 03:07 PM

You know how you can tell if its an italian one. It falls from side to side depending on who looks like they are winning. :cry: :cry:

But you can tell its a US one when it gets caught four years after the event for using banned substances. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• NORCALRIDE

Posted January 05, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Ya' know how you can tell it's an Aussie model? You catch it humping a Kangaroo! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • condog_aus

Posted January 05, 2005 - 03:34 PM

Ya' know how you can tell it's an Aussie model? You catch it humping a Kangaroo! :cry:

I knew it wouldnt take long. Maybe thats Chads secret.....???????

You should see the New Zealand model. Ba Ba Ba Ba :cry: :cry:

• grayracer513

Posted January 05, 2005 - 04:34 PM

You should see the New Zealand model. Ba Ba Ba Ba :cry: :cry:

Truly, Mate? Does the bike get nervous, then, when some bloke from Montana comes 'round? :cry: :cry:

• condog_aus

Posted January 05, 2005 - 06:13 PM

Fair dinkum does. Starts itself up like a go go mobile.

• smokin529

Posted January 05, 2005 - 08:47 PM

If you race any races that qualify for contingency money from Yamaha they won't pay you if your bike is Canadian ehh!

• Islandryder

Posted January 05, 2005 - 09:17 PM

The canadian ones have the better pipe.

• vintageyz

Posted January 05, 2005 - 09:27 PM

Correct! No contingency for Canadian imported machines in US events. Each country has a distinct company. Yamaha USA isn't too keen to pay contingency on bikes they did not import. The 30 day YZ warranty is void as well. Other manufacturers, Suzuki and Kawasaki, also take a dim view of machines brought into the USA from Canada.

• John407

Posted January 05, 2005 - 10:23 PM

Excellent! Best laugh I had for days!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.