noisey engine

4 replies to this topic
  • greenski

Posted January 05, 2005 - 05:53 AM

hello I ride a o1 426,my engine noise was coming from several busted springs that run the curcumfrence between my clutch basket and the primary drive gear.I drilled out the 3 rivets and split the basket from the gear.My ? is where can I get those springs and possible 3 bolts and nuts to bolt the assembly back together.

• Dano426

Posted January 05, 2005 - 07:21 AM

Not trying to be funny, but you can find your parts at your local dealer Here is there web site to help find part numbers. Most dealers will not know what parts you are looking for. Part numbers make it a lot easier

You could also try Yamaha of Troy ( Parts Finder You will find they have some good pricing as well

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz400fl1

Posted January 05, 2005 - 08:54 AM

Should have got an electric dirtbike :cry:

• greenski

Posted January 05, 2005 - 01:39 PM

I am not being funny either,but I am well aware of parts catalogs.The dealer sells the hole assembly together basket and primary drive gear.I am gonna purchase a hinson clutch basket,which does not come with the primary drive gear,which I have and it is in good shape.I need the springs that absorb the shock which are located in between the primary drive gear and the basket and some new attaching hardware.

• grayracer513

Posted January 05, 2005 - 02:24 PM

One suggestion is to look for a used one on E-bay or elsewhere from someone parting out an engine. Another idea that's a bit more off-the-wall is to take one of the springs, especially if there's one left that's not broken, to an automotive clutch rebuilder in your area and see if you can match something up. If you have an industrial hardware supplier like Grainger's in Michigan, they might have that sort of thing, too. Springs gotta come from somewhere, eh? :cry:

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.