Case Guards

9 replies to this topic
  • bakeray

Posted January 05, 2005 - 03:16 AM

I have been looking for a good case guard for my 650R. any suggestions?

• BRP27

Posted January 05, 2005 - 04:34 AM

XRs Only 15 tooth

• HooliKen

Posted January 05, 2005 - 05:55 AM

XRs Only 15 tooth

:cry: What is a 15 tooth "case guard"?

• TimBrp

Posted January 05, 2005 - 06:27 AM

Case guards vary in size by countershaft sprocket tooth count. Bigger the sprocket the bigger guard you'll need.

• HooliKen

Posted January 05, 2005 - 07:18 AM

Case guards vary in size by countershaft sprocket tooth count. Bigger the sprocket the bigger guard you'll need.

Excellent :cry: This is something I did not know!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mokuleia

Posted January 05, 2005 - 07:41 AM

I just installed the XR's only 14 tooth case guard on a 650R. Its a sturdy chunk of metal, and attaches to the motor mount instead of just those little 8mm bolts.

Highly reccomend it...

• bakeray

Posted January 05, 2005 - 11:22 AM

Ill take a look at those and the Kiwi. I am only running a 13 tooth on my bike so Im thinking I may have to get creative and make one

• BWB63

Posted January 05, 2005 - 08:55 PM

Reason you should use the "XR's Only Case Saver" Kiwi's is a flightless bird, do not use them for a case guard! Click Here: :cry:

Kiwi, common name applied to three species of flightless birds restricted to New Zealand and adjacent small islands. They are strictly protected, having been devastated in the 19th century by the feather trade and by introduced mammals.

Or Kiwi Fruit. Ethere way it's not a case guard! :cry:

• XR4DEZ

Posted January 05, 2005 - 09:55 PM

XRs Only is the best set up I've seen. Did they fix the bolt that attaches to the engine mount? When I got mine the bolt was too long to seat in the countersink and I had to cut it down. Get the 15 and you can run any size countershaft sprocket you want. If you buy the 14, then you'll have to wallow it out to use a 15.

• Scott_Whitman

Posted January 06, 2005 - 02:01 PM

The Kiwi has a little indentation that fits around the subframe mount to brace it. The xrs only one has an extra bolt that attaches to the engine mount. I think they both should work OK. The Kiwi will only allow up to a 14 tooth sprocket though. If you want one, I have one up for sale on ebay right now. I am switching to the xrs only one because I need to move up to a 15 tooth sprocket due to a lot of street riding.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.