650R Carburettor linkage problem

4 replies to this topic
  • SParki

Posted January 05, 2005 - 01:44 AM

A few days back I posted a problem with my 650R stopping on me - http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=211453 - with the help of the folk on this board the issue was discovered (thanks again PB1963).

The linkage that connects the throttle drum through the carb body and the slider however is very badly worn and appears to be holding on by a thread. I have no idea why this is so badly worn and none of the bike shops I've spoken to here have heard of this happening before. If the bike had a tonne of mileage and had been thrashed then I'd understand parts wearing but it's done 5000KM's :cry: Honda in the UK want £450 to replace it so that ain't gonna happen!.

I guess to cut a long story short (probably too late already :cry:, does anyone have a busted stock carb laying in the garage with this linkage in? I'm more than happy to buy it or donate to your favorite charity. I'm so loathed to purchase an entire replacement carb for the sake of a small brass linkage with a few holes drilled through it :cry:

again, any help or suggestions most welcomed!

• pb1963

Posted January 05, 2005 - 06:51 AM

Keep your eyes open on Ebay, I have found lots of crap for 650's on there. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rippinroche

Posted January 05, 2005 - 08:21 PM

I would check out http://www.ronayers.com and look at their on line microfiche and get the parts you need to repair your carburetor. It might be a lot less than buying a new one. I know if i was to spend 450.00 Dollars on a carb it would be the eddlebrock Qs and not the stock one. Good luck!!

• SParki

Posted January 07, 2005 - 07:35 AM

thanks for the advice guys. the first honda dealer i spoke with told be there were no replacement parts available... thus the reason I was looking for a complete carb... then the second one i spoke to found a part # for the linkage and a few associated bits... still not cheap but I get at least get her sorted out! - thanks for the link to the microfiche jpgs... great for future reference! :cry: - unfortunately they don't ship international; those are some gooood prices on that site compared to what they cost in the UK!... thanks again all.

• SteveJC

Posted January 07, 2005 - 02:11 PM

Hey - give Honda Spares a call - they could supply me bits for my XR600 carb

650 and a 600

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.