K & N or Twin Air

9 replies to this topic
  • Eric Henion

Posted January 04, 2005 - 08:12 PM

I know that the stock filter works fine but eventually it will need to be replaced. In your alls opinion which is better a K & N or a Twin Air filter.
Eric

• savageracing

Posted January 04, 2005 - 08:15 PM

I personally like the twin air filters. They have always treated my bikes good

• qadsan

Posted January 04, 2005 - 08:53 PM

If you're in the dirt most of the time, then my vote goes to the Twin Air. If you'll be motarding or riding the street, then either should be fine.

• big t

Posted January 05, 2005 - 02:41 AM

I would go with Uni or Twin Air. :cry:

• Misfit

Posted January 05, 2005 - 06:18 AM

I have an UNI on mine and it works great. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted January 05, 2005 - 06:28 AM

I've tried them all and the UNI has the tightest fit. Remember to grease the lip.

• SaltyWalrus

Posted January 05, 2005 - 06:41 AM

K&N filters let dirt thru in dirty environments. Uni's work well. :cry:

• frankstr

Posted January 05, 2005 - 08:21 AM

UNI Filter :cry: :cry: :cry: and PJ1 filter oil :cry:

• miguelitro

Posted January 05, 2005 - 11:24 AM

I started with the k&n and it let dirt through and around the filter and was a real pain to get to fit right on the lip. then i had a uni and was not impressed due to the size of the filter, it was getting torn liittle by little during instalation and removal because it was so big.
Last night i installed my new twin air. it fit beautifully and the thickness and feel of the filter element lead me to believe it will filter very well.

• Outrider

Posted January 05, 2005 - 03:15 PM

I got the UNI because it has a metal frame in it, not sure about all the others. This way I could get rid of the metal screen.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.