YZ250F triple clamps on YZ400F

6 replies to this topic
  • KiwiRacer

Posted January 04, 2005 - 06:51 PM

Has anybody ever put 02 YZ250F triple clamps ( top & bottom )on a 99 YZ400F,I'm looking at buying some 250F triple clamps to put on my 400f to make it steer better & give me more room in the cockpit,I can't see why it wouldn't work,The forks are the same size. Any ideas..?????? :cry:

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 04, 2005 - 10:32 PM

make sure the stem bearings are the same size

• KiwiRacer

Posted January 05, 2005 - 01:23 PM

Yeah I've thought about that & are going to use the stem & bearing from my 400,I'm pretty sure that you can press the stem out of the bottom clamp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted January 05, 2005 - 05:38 PM

only if the stem is the same size!

get on the Yamaha parts online and check the bearing sizes.

• KiwiRacer

Posted January 06, 2005 - 12:23 PM

Hey thanks,I'm not to sure where you find the yamaha parts on-line? I didn't even know there was a web site with them,Do you have the link? Cheers.

• DPW

Posted January 06, 2005 - 01:44 PM

Hey thanks,I'm not to sure where you find the yamaha parts on-line? I didn't even know there was a web site with them,Do you have the link? Cheers.

http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/

• KiwiRacer

Posted January 06, 2005 - 11:18 PM

Hey thanks for that,Thats awesome.. I went to my local Yamaha dealer & got the info from them anyway,It looks like it will work as long as i put the stem & bearings from my 4 undie in the bottom clamp :cry: Thanks to everyone that posted.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.